Monday, October 6, 2008

Recycling idea!



I'm passing this idea on to you as it is early October and there is still time to make your Christmas cards.

This card is made by recycling the cards I received last year. These are the bought version from the shops which I always keep because there are loads of things that one can create with them!
I just stamp squares on the cards and cut them out - even better would be to punch out your squares (unfortunately I don't have a big square paper pucher yet).. ink up the edges and then make a puzzle with them to create your card front.

I will probably be adding to this post this week as I go along with other ideas.

9 comments:

  1. WOW what a great idea! It is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning. You have a way of coordinating pieces together. I will keep watching to see what you are up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea....similar to inchies without all of the work of making them! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! What a great idea - I hate throwing those cards away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!

    So! I've been dying to tell you.... GUESS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY! I was so excited when I saw it and the kids were 'Wow! From France????

    Seriously! With a June 30th postmark!!!!

    Jacqueline, the box has arrived - all in one piece! I can't wait to play with everything!!!! I'll chat with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea for Christmas cards! I have heard of others using the fronts of cards & recycling them as postcards. I like your idea better...then you can fancy them up! Love this card...just beautiful! I wonder if all of your color inspiration comes from the beautiful country you are surrounded by? Love your work!

    Deborah (aka Gigi_001) tagged me, so I've tagged you. If you come to my blog, you can join in the fun.

    Jenn (scrapperjjb) at http://createdbyjb.typepad.com/created_by_jb/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great idea. Your stitching around the edging is what really pulls it all togther. The red gingham ribbon is the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea Jacqueline - I have a box of old cards sitting here. think I might just have to try this. Love coming and visiting your blog and seeing all your beautiful work and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Jacqueline !!

    tout est beau :)
    eh oui, c'est bientôt Noël !!

    kiki :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!