Friday, October 17, 2008

Some vintage cards

A couple of vintage cards which I enjoyed making. I really went to town with the ink pad and a sponge on the top card. I am always too careful but I thought, well what the heck for once and actually it went o.k. If I look at the second card, the lace looks so bare. The green holly image was not intentional, it was on the scrap piece I just happened to pull out and I thought it fitted - not going to be too perfect on my next vintage cards... lol.



Actually I never plan my cards - all I have is the image to start with and then I start building around it with anything my eye catches... if it doesn't fit, I take another piece etc.
Thanks to Nancy Dooren from The Vintage Stamper for her generous free images!


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I keep looking at them trying to figure out how to case them. :) I love the layers and embellishments that you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are beautiful!!!!! I love your vintage work, just so soft and romantic... takes me far far far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous creations, I particulalry love the colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaaauuuuwwww, that's all I can say. These cards are so gorgeous! They are really so eye catching. I love them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sponging turned out beautiful. I love the look of distessed edges; for me, the "inkier" the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik blijf je vintage kaartjes fantastisch mooi vinden, zacht van kleur en een streling voor het oog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. vos cartes sont superbes!! tout ce que j'aime!!
    et merci pour le gentil commentaire sur mon blog...j'aime beaucoup ce que vous faƮtes!!
    amicalement
    mabaco

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty cards....always love how you put things together. Thanks for sharing some of the process....so interesting to hear how everyone does things!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!