Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stretching your stamps


I was on a website yesterday that I haven't been on for ages and ages and got instantly inspired by a lady who had 'stretched' her stamps. I so liked what she had done that I experimented too.

The two stamps I used are from a SU set (from 2006) and are used on top of each other to give the effect of a lilac blossom. Today they have been used to create a... tree.... Don't laugh, but I made the tree trunk myself and remembered how I used to draw birds at school...
I really enjoyed doing something different for a change!

8 comments:

  1. Really lovely! This is beautiful and so inspiring! Glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your creativity is in full bloom today -- not only are your tree folige AND trunk great, but you've also included a Prima flower butterfly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful result from your experimenting. I'm going to have to look at my stamps differently now and see what I can come up with. As always, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing those lilac stamps, and I LOVE the way you used them on the tree!! Wonderfully creative and just as pretty as before! Love the whole card, too, especially the flower butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool tree! I saw a similar card elsewhere that has me thinking....now I must get to the inking!! LOL!

    I love your tree....that stamp works well for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to stretch your stamps! I remember too drawing those seagulls/birds in school ;))
    The card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly beautiful! Glad to see your work again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dit is prachtig! En wat knap gemaakt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!