Monday, May 4, 2009

Meditation Monday - Seeing yourself the right way


Hi there! Seeing yourself the right way - OH - that is one of my biggest problems - and I think it is something alot of you will have problems with too! I found a very nice devotional message from Bob Gass about this that I will share with you:

Quote:

'Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?...' Galatians 1:10
Too many of us have made it our life's work to change someone else's opinion of us. We're determined to prove to them that we're valuable. Now, you can't be like the guy who quipped, 'I like talking to myself, because I like dealing with a better class of people.' But neither can you base your worth on the opinions of those who put you down. When Harry Truman was thrust into the presidency by the death of Franklin Roosevelt, Sam Rayburn, Speaker of the House, took him aside and said, 'You're going to have lots of people around you. And they will tell you what a great man you are, Harry. But you and I both know you ain't.' As it turned out, Truman became a truly great president. Until you quit agreeing with those who've mistreated you, or bowing to the events that crippled you emotionally, you'll remain locked in a prison of your own making. When your critic's opinion becomes your opinion, you've built a prison inside your soul with only one prisoner; you. Are you prepared to accept that some of the people you've spent your life trying to impress, may never be impressed? And can you accept that from God's perspective; it doesn't matter? To succeed in life you must be able to work alongside people without allowing yourself to be controlled by their moods or governed by their opinions. This is what Paul was talking about when he said, 'Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.'

Unquote

We have to believe what the Bible says about our worth for Him! Sometimes we feel we are seperated from God because we feel bad about ourselves - well even if we feel good about ourselves - neither will justify us before God - our only righteousness is IN CHRIST and we live by faith!

I am not feeling too good at the moment - I have menopausal problems and feel extremely tired. My DH is feeling alot better - thanks so much for the well wishes for him.
For our 22nd wedding anniversary we are going to the south Miami beaches for a week! So I have alot to prepare and think about before then.. I know we both need a change of scene and a good rest!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my... Yes, Paul was so right! Today's MM speaks volumes... VOLUMES! As Mother's Day approaches and makes me more raw to the nasty 'stuff' I have endured from my birth mother ...

    Oh Miami sounds divine! I hope you have lots of sunshine, get lots more rest, and overcome that darn Menopausal stuff... I'm just amazed at the stuff 'women' have to put up with...

    Darn those hormones!!!!!!
    Take Care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those feelings can get us every time! If I could only consistently remember that God does not change like my feelings do, I'd be a lot better off. Or that just because people around me change their emotions all the time, does not mean that God changes who He is!
    Glad to have MM back:)
    Also glad to hear DH is better. At least you waited until he got better to start with your menopausal stuff. When you both get sick at the same time, it's really not good.
    Wish you were going to be more inland when you come to the States, but enjoy Miami just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you're feeling rough - I hope you've etched these words on your heart for when the hormones make you feel bad about yourself!
    Sometimes I sit in awe that God loves me just as I am, and that I don't need to impress Him. It's so reassuring! I can just be myself - warts and all!
    Start getting excited about that holiday, and go and have a time of rest and relaxation. You deserve it!
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous picture! So glad your husband is feeling better. Sorry you are not... This meditation is a good one for me. I need this kind of reminder. Thanks for sharing. Miami! This will be a big change of pace for you and hubby. We will be seeing ocean pictures instead of mountains from you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!