Monday, June 8, 2009

Meditation Monday - DO YOU WORRY?


WORRY... if I'm not worrying I will actually try and find something to worry about!!

That is human nature and still God has a lot to say about this in His Word, the Bible. I am amazed at how much emphasis, in a humorous way, God puts on this very natural inclination that a human being seems to be full of!

We actually feel that worrying is proof that we don't live careless, irresponsible lifes! But at the same time worry makes life heavy and tires us out!
At times we can forget our cares and seek distraction but before we know it they seem to appear again!

I had to go for a check-up a couple of weeks ago, which I had put off endlessly because of worry and I said to the Lord - the evening before I go I will read what you have to say to me in my devotional... which I don't always read in the evenings - even then I got worried about what God would have to say!!

To my pure delight I read how God says, as with a sigh:

"OH! I wish you were without worry!" 1 Cor. 7:32

"Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure to his stature or to the span of his life?
Is not life greater than food and the body more than clothing??" Math.6:25,26

In fact when Jesus spoke these words he said that when we worry we see everything out of proportion!

We have to see worry as a fact that we don't really believe what God says! We want to carry our own burdens and chain ourselves with our own blindness, stubbornness and impatience! It is so difficult to let go and to let GOD!

So what is the solution?- in this same Bible passage - Jesus says: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"!

I have seen that keeping my priorities right have even given me more time to craft!

I will end with this all-in solution that God gives us - promising that IF we do as the Word says His promise will be PEACE, not a worldy peace but a peace that transcends all understanding!

Phil. 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you to all the ladies who commented on last week's MM - it is such a thrill to share our faith and to be interactive!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for a timely reminder of God's goodness and grace! I really needed this today to put all things in perspective and enjoy the peace that passes understanding!
    Bless you dear Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a universal topic, Jacqueline. I doubt if there is not one of us that doesn't fall into that pit. Another good reminder to cast all our cares on him....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a test.......from Karen in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Jacqueline, I guess I can "work" this comment section...YES, MIRACLES really DO HAPPEN! I LOVED your words on "WORRY" today. I am going to share your Blog with my neighbor who seems to have "worry" as her second name........she is a BEAUTIFUL Christian, too. Thank you.......have a blessed week, Jacqueline. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just reading the verse from Matthew THIS morning! I needed to read it then and read it again now. It seems like this season in life has found me with unnecessary anxiety. We MUST find that peace within and lean on God, not our own understanding, or we are clearly NOT trusting God...which in essence is sin.

    Thank you for sharing! I look forward to many more meditations!!

    Love & Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a worrier that this is the perfect meditation for me! Thanks for sharing this Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!