Monday, June 1, 2009

Meditation Monday - What has God promised to you?


As this subject has been playing an important role in my life the past weeks I thought it would make a great meditation.

As we know the Bible is FULL of God's promises to those who put their trust in Him. They are YES and AMEN in Jesus Christ!

It's His letter of LOVE to us! BUT, there are certain promises that we receive as RHEMA - that means that the Holy Spirit brings them alive to our hearts and we know that we can count on that promise of God being fulfilled in our lives!!
I have received many promises from God, from His Word at different stages in my life, personally, as a couple, concerning our children, our work and our future. But these promises will always be challenged by life and by the devil. The devil knows the Word of God better than we do and he will always try to distract us from receiving what God has for us!!

To give you an example. Our second child has Down Syndrome - he is truly loved by us and a huge blessing in our lives, but he does bring problems and stress and he needs a lot of care. He is partially deaf and doesn't speak and lately has obsessive behavior problems, which are not bad in themselves but can be very tiring to handle! We were told that I had a chance of our third or fourth child having this same problem. When I was pregnant with our third child Joël - God explicitly said to me "I am He who comforts you" found in Isaiah 51:12.
Joël has truly proven to be a child of comfort for us - he was beautiful as a baby with gorgeous curls and is our first who has a heart for God too and has chosen to follow Him - that is truly a comfort to us!!
But the biggest promise I have received from God personally has become such a glorious truth for me because it has shown up in the most difficult periods of my life!! Whenever I needed God to intervene for me - He spoke this promise to me - whether it was in a daily reading, a card I would receive, or a telephone call.... Just when I needed it!!
The verse is this one Isaiah 41:10: "Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you; yes, I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."
I received it from God the Father when I was at the lowest point I've ever been in my life (total burn-out) and he reassures me every time when I have nothing else but faith in His promises to pull me through. I really LOVE God, I praise and worship Him for His faithfulness, for His Intervention, for life itself - what a gift of GRACE to be His child and to receive His everlasting faithfulness through His Word which will always remain true - EVERYTHING will be shaken, but the WORD OF GOD will remain stable!

Quote from a devotional: Hearing God's voice may mean you have to sacrifice lesser things and tune out other voices, but you must do it. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important than learning to recognize God's voice when He speaks to you.
Unquote

Write the promises down that God has personally spoken to you and proclaim them with your mouth which releases faith in your heart!

(The above photo was taken this morning in my garden - the lavender bushes are visited by a lot of these beautiful butterflies every day now. Please take a little look at the following post - I finally did another vintage card..)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful meditation Jacqueline! Sorry it's been so long since I've visited here, but today I knew I would find comfort! God bless you for having a living faith that you share so lovingly. Keeping you and your family in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How easily we forget all that God has promised us! Maybe that's why he gives us the beauty of nature (like your flowers and butterfly) to remind us. Thanks,Jacqueline, I needed that reminding today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We need more blog entries like this...from around the world, proclaiming God's word!!!

    I appreciate your sharing deep, intimate details of your family, your weaknesses, and struggles.

    God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely picture and touching talk from your heart. I worked with Down Syndrome children for 25 years as a professional. Love them to pieces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good inspiration which helps remind me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jacqueline! My first visit here through Deborah's link on your interview... what a blessing! Thank you for sharing your heart and reflections. A hearty "Amen!" God is great, and what an amazing gift of grace we've been given. Proclaiming His promises with our mouths indeed releases faith in our hearts! God's blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes... just wanted to share a promise that stays close to my heart. It reminds me that we are not called to an easy life, but one with the blessed presence and help of our God: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..." - Isaiah 43:1b-3a.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!