Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mariposa papers revisited

Because of the rich patterns on these papers it seems pointless to hide them..


The only thing I could think of was to make a grid where the whole sheet is done justice. I have been able to catch some of the glitter on this page.


Because we have very poor vineyard soil in our garden I planted some peas in a flower pot on the window sill of my craft room. Amazed to see that within three weeks I already have pea pods! Actually these can be eaten just as they are, raw in the salad or even lighted cooked as a vegetable. Can you see the pea pod hanging there?



I am showing you this picture here on Barb's blog (please stroll down to the bottom of her post). My son needed the camera for something he had seen on a tree next to my washing line. This looks very similar to what Barb showed. It is called a 'Night Butterfly' although it looks more like a giant moth. They are attracted to the lights at night but are very fragile insects.


I just must show you this stray little climbing plant that arrived in my garden (love surprises like that). I know that if something just appears in the garden that I didn't plant, then it has chosen the right spot for itself. It is called a Morelle (French name) and develops small berries after the flower has gone.

That was it for today. We have lovely weather, swimming pool is 27 degrees C (80.6F), the cherries and the peaches are ripening on the trees and the lavender bushes are turning a beautiful lavender color. These bushes are growing out of hand - they are next to the driveway on both sides and that gap is slowing becoming smaller!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Héérlijk om zo even een kijkje in je tuin te nemen! Geniet lekker van het weer!
    In Dordt schijnt het zonnetje ook, gelukkig!

    Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card showcasing that gorgeous piece of patterned paper!! so pretty! the little pea pod is so adorable!! =) i love it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the Mariposa papers. I think less is more with them and you've added just enough to the background you've created.
    Always love to see your beautiful nature pictures, too.
    Our weather is perfect now as well....wish it could stay that way for a while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacqueline! That is an excellent idea for using some of those mariposa papers! Love seeing and hearing about your garden, too! That last vining "Morelle" looks like what we call poison nightshade, which makes some people very itchy when they handle it......purple flowers with bright yellow stamens, turn to berries and it's a vine.
    We've had some really hot August weather here, which has made everything bloom - roses, peonies, irises all at once. The trouble with all the heat so soon is that it will shorten the blooming time for some of them. But, our lavender isn't blooming yet - I would love to see a picture of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful!
    We saw a night butterfly recently, as we sat at the window of a restaurant. We couldn't decide if it was dead or not, it was so still. As the temperature cooled outside, it did move about. They do indeed look like giant moths!
    Your potted peas look yummy - and have given me an idea with some things I want to plant but couldn't think of a 'where' for them. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Perfect composition of the pieces! Love your pictures of your backyard. The peas look delicious and well tended! The butterfly is huge. I think we have seen them as well here. Our lavendar is blooming as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures - thanks for sharing Jacqueline. Your card is so very beautiful - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After all this beautiful inspiration I'm sure I will have a perfectly wonderful weekend. Thank you for sharing these slices of your life, you help me to see the beauty in unexpected places.
    bless you dear friend,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Jacqueline! And it was so fun to see your photos! The butterfly looks even more giant than mine was! Wow! And seeing your pea pods, makes my mouth water! It will be awhile before mine are ready. When I go out, later in the season, to pick my veggies, I come back into the house with everything, and my husband always asks me, "Where are the pea pods?" I have to admit to him, that as I was picking everything, I ate them all! Yes, directly off the vine! I love the cool crunch and yummy flavor! Thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos, and what a beautiful way of showing off that lovely paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grid card is so delicate and beautiful! I love seeing all of your beautiful photos of nature, toO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!