Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A visit and a framed butterfly present

It was so nice to get a visit from a blog and Flickr (Hero Arts Gallery) friend today, her name is Betty Keefe and she is from the United States, visiting her son and his family in England and on holiday on the coast around an hours drive from where I live. We had a lovely time together and had to seek refuge in the garden under a tree because of the hot, muggy weather. It seems that temps are tropical everywhere at the moment.



You see that hammock in the background, I love to lie in there in the cool evenings watching the airplanes go by and just relaxing from the hot days after dinner.

Now I'm sharing a picture I made for my son and his fiancĂ© as they are busy decorating their apartment. I  thought I would choose light colors to match the colors of their home.


 I hope it inspires you to give this a go too - it is such nice work to do. 

This is another framed inchie project which has a Terra Cotta frame. Half of the size of the ones I usually do, so quicker and just as enjoyable, using patterned papers and some stamping.



I hope you are enjoying your summer and I must say to all those who have air-conditioning - enjoy it because it's hard without it!!

Jacqueline

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, I am so thrilled that you were able to meet up with a crafty friend! I know how it feels, it's awesome! By the way, you look absolutely fantastic and so radiant! I love these two projects you made, real beautiful pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both items are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture of you and Betty! I just love meeting my online friends and I'm so happy you had the opportunity to meet Betty.
    You know I'm a fan of your gorgeous inchie art and one of these days I'm going to use your inspiration to make some butterfly art too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leuk zo'n ontmoeting!! (weet ik uit ervaring;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to meet a follow crafter. Lovely framed work. Need to think of doing one for myself (I've got enough in my craft stash). Stay cool and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous artwork, Jacqueline - love them both! So glad you were able to meet and spend time with Betty - lovely photo of the two of you! And, YES! I do love my air-conditioning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home decor projects are just lovely Jacqueline. How great to meet up with Betty. You both look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love meeting up with creative friends? Glad you had a lovely time together, both your collages look fabulous Jacqueline!
    irascreacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your beautiful art work ... and so nice you got to meet a blog friend too! BTW I received the labels ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you were able to have a visit with betty! Your grid projects only get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your artful creations Jacqueline !
    You look fabulous too !
    love and hugs
    Chris richards
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creations Jaqueline, I am curious do you live in England? Only I saw that you met someone visiting her son and wondered if you had moved, I always thought you lived in France. If it is England maybe we are near each other!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These is fabulous!
    A wonderful inspiration for me.
    I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower, and I love your framed inchie project! As I've browsed your posts, I've also been drooling over your tags, which are gorgeous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!